The Department of Anesthesia at Kaweah Delta Medical Center (KDMC) is recruiting for a cardiac anesthesiologist to join its cohesive, exceptional, and innovative care team. KDMC is now affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic’s (CC) Heart Program, the No. 1 in the nation, making it one of only two hospitals in California affiliated with the CC. The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in anesthesia and have passed the Advanced Perioperative TEE board exam within 24 months of joining the medical staff. Testamur is acceptable. In this role you will perform cardiac and main OR cases. We are also open to candidates that do not have a fellowship but are proficient with cardiac.
About Kaweah Delta Medical Center
The largest hospital in Tulare County and the only hospital in Visalia, CA, KDMC provides a variety of services including comprehensive cardiac care, open heart surgery, neurosurgery, minimally invasive procedures, and more.
• Service area: Tulare and Kings counties – 550k+ population
• 581 Beds; Level III Trauma Center and Stroke Center
• 8,200 surgeries, 5k deliveries, and 300 cardiac procedures a year and growing
• 95k+ ED visits annually; ED expansion in progress—40 beds to 74 beds in 2020
• Care for a large underserved population
• Healthgrades 50 Best Cardiac Programs in America 2017-2020
• Healthgrades 2019 America’s 250 Best Hospitals
• Affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute
About the Cleveland Clinic Affiliation
For more than 25 years, Kaweah Delta’s heart program has been a leader in the Central Valley. Since 2017 Healthgrades has named KDMC one of America’s Top 50 Best Hospitals™ for cardiac surgery and one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ for Cardiac Care. Today, KDMC is proudly affiliated with The Cleveland Clinic’s heart program. This new affiliation will improve patient care by making the latest heart treatments available close to home and improving the overall heart health of the community.
The affiliation will provide:
• Access to best practices that have helped the Cleveland Clinic’s heart program achieve U.S. News and World Report’s No. 1 heart care ranking since 1995
• Access to heart care from local specialists who collaborate with the Clinic’s heart program on state-of- the-art treatments
• Collaboration between the Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Institute and Kaweah Delta staff when addressing complex medical situations that enables use of the newest technology and innovations
• Additional cardiac expertise during consultations about best treatment options for cases
Learn more at www.kaweahdelta.org/clevelandclinic
Kaweah Delta Medical Center is home to six (6) residency programs: Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery, Anesthesia, and Transitional Year.
Living in Visalia
Visalia sits in the heart of the Central Valley and is referred to as the Gateway to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Conveniently located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, it is known for its rich agriculture, delicious dining, and its warm and welcoming small-town charm. Visalia offers the unique combination of affordable housing, easy commute to work, a family friendly community and economic opportunity.There is an average of 275 sunny days a year. In the summer, temperatures range from the upper 90's during the daytime and drop to the low 80's in the evening. Winters are mild with average temps in the early mornings and evenings is in the low 40's and, during the daytime, in the upper 50's. In addition to a central location and beautiful California weather, there is also a wide-array of local activities to enjoy. Boating, fishing and skiing are all nearby.
• Provide anesthesia coverage to cardiac and vascular departments
• While on cardiac, 24hr. out-of-house call; 8hr. schedule post call day
• Possibilities to mentor and teach anesthesia residents or SRNAs
• While serving OR, 24hr. call with post-call day off
• 1:6 call rotation for 34 weeks, 1:2 call rotation for cardiac for 12 weeks
• ASA Board Certification; current ACLS, BLS, PALS
• Cardiac fellowship preferred but not required
• Active CA license
• Currently proficient with TEEs and actively doing cardiac cases
• 1099 Employment status
• $600k if TEE certified
• $575k to start with a $25K salary increase after successful passing of the TEE board exam
• 46 wks. 12 wks. designated cardiac coverage/cardiac call coverage; remainder of call for main OR
• 6 wks. vacation
• $10k sign on, $10k retention bonus at the end of year 1 and year 2