Tough times don’t last, tough people do. Good decisions we make today, can chart our course tomorrow.
We are hard at work addressing the harrowing situation unfolding before our very eyes-making sure our clinicians are safe, our facilities are supported, and developing a means for them to refresh their critical care fluency.
This too will pass. When it does, millions of backlogged procedures will await. Today, we are looking for clinicians with the right mettle, wisdom and work ethic to help us rebuild and populate our teams to serve patients across the United States.
Please call me today to discuss if you might be the right fit to join us on our journey, and we on yours.
Nassau University Medical Center (NUMC), a 533 bed tertiary care teaching hospital and Level I Trauma Center, has been a pillar of the community for 85 years. Of those, 60 have been dedicated to medical education. NUMC has extensive medical and surgical capabilities. In addition to its affiliation with the growing Northwell Health System, it is creating onsite partnerships with some of the region’s top specialists. The hospital provides a wide range of medical and surgical services and treats some of the area’s most critically ill patients. Be part of a collaborative team that shapes an innovative department focused on patient safety, quality, and continuing medical education and delivers care through perioperative medicine. Highly competitive compensation and benefits package. New grads welcome!
- $240,000 base compensation
• Generous Compensation & PTO
• Employee (W2)
• Comprehensive Benefits & Incentives
Located in the heart of Long Island, Nassau County is nestled between NYC and some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Beachgoers, surfers, boaters, golfers, runners and hikers love this wonderful, vibrant, diverse and family-friendly community. Many residents enjoy whale watching, visiting the local farmer’s markets, ice skating, and much more. If you want to experience all four seasons, Nassau County is right for you!
Wine aficionados flock to the North Fork’s vineyards. Music lovers enjoy world class entertainment at Nassau Coliseum. Nassau County is also home to several professional sports teams. Proximity to the Long Island Railroad means all the excitement of Manhattan and relaxing weekends in The Hamptons are a quick train ride away.
Home to 7 of the top 10 school districts in the entire state of New York, Long Island’s public schools are first rate! If you enjoy traveling, you’re a stone’s throw from JFK International Airport.
• Provide anesthesia as necessary; pre, intra, post-op care consistent with professional guidelines/standards
-Strong collaboration between CRNAs and MDs
• Ensure service delivery complies with state/federal requirements and meets with professional, medication management, hospital bylaws, OR and other standards
• Multiple shifts: 24-hour for trauma and OB; 10s/12s/16s for OR; 10-hr for endo
• One 24/7 call (:30 response time)
• Ensure ongoing, comprehensive communication throughout care episode
• Embody a culture of quality and safety; enable efficiency
• Acquire and apply perioperative medicine best practices
• Teach, mentor, provide breaks and support when needed
-Cases include general, orthopedic, ophthalmological, gastrointestinal, oral and maxillofacial, OB and neurosurgery
-1300 trauma cases approximately >75% surgical, 1350 ortho cases, and 100 neurological cases (some craniotomies and laminectomies)
-BE/BC, current state license, ACLS/BCLS/PALS required