St. Joseph’s Medical Center – Full-Time Anesthesiologist
Somnia is seeking full-time anesthesiologists to join our growing team at St. Joseph Medical Center.
- St. Joseph's Medical Center in Stockton, CA is a 355-bed hospital and part of the CommonSpirit/Dignity Health system.
- St. Joseph’s is the largest hospital in San Joaquin County and considered the 10th busiest cardiothoracic department in California.
- The hospital has plans underway for a major building and services expansion in the next few years.
- The Anesthesiology department is diverse, consisting of 12 physicians and over 30 independent-practice CRNAs providing services for up to 16 anesthetizing locations daily to include acute care ORs, cardiac ORs, obstetrics, GI/endo, cath lab, interventional radiology, a hospital ambulatory surgery center, and a new venture with a local orthopedics surgery center.
- The annual anesthesia case volume is approx. 14,300 cases, consisting of ~9,000 surgical cases, 2,500 obstetrics cases, 800 cardiac cases, and 2,000 out-of-OR cases in GI, cath lab, and interventional radiology.
- The Anesthesia Residency program started in July 2021 with 10 total Residents (4 PGY2/CA1 and 6 PGY1) and with approval for an additional 6 new Residents annually up to 24 total in the program.
- Residency subspecialty training currently available at St. Joseph’s include cardiac, obstetrics, critical care, acute and chronic pain, and eventually, pediatrics.
- Joseph’s is centrally and conveniently located only 50 minutes from Sacramento, only 90 minutes from San Francisco and Yosemite National Park, and only a few hours away from Lake Tahoe.
- The St. Joseph Medical staff tend to reside in the nearby communities of Stockton (Brookside) and the nearby surrounding communities of Lodi, Elk Grove, Manteca, and Tracy.
- Physicians in the process of completing their Residency are welcome to apply to our diverse practice.
- $515,000 - $550,000 annually for full-time services
- Up to $3,000 annually for CME
- 10 weeks paid time off
- Up to $50,000 commencement bonus
- Up to $10,000 relocation allowance
- PC/W2 options available
- Health | Dental | Vision | Life | Disability
- 401(k) | Flexible spending accounts
- Medical professional liability insurance
- Paid time off | CME
- Active state license
- ACLS | BLS
- Anesthesia leadership experience
About Somnia Anesthesia
Since 1996, Somnia (www.somniainc.com) has had a singular focus on anesthesia–investing in clinician professional development so patients can get the best care possible. We welcome and encourage applicants of all races, colors, genders, religions, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well as those who have served.