- 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month
- RN supports anesthesiologist in prep for GI procedures performed onsite at the prison
- Recovery experience and/or ICU training experience a must
- Services generally start at 8:30am; 6-8 hour day (no guarantee)
- Providing of direct nursing care to Employer’s patients, as and when required and in accordance with Employee’s qualifications and training;
- Assess and prepare patients for anesthesia prior to surgery;
- Guide patients through anesthesia consent forms – including answering any questions or concerns from patient or family members;
- Ensure all Employer mandated quality guidelines are followed;
- Facilitate the patient’s transition from pre-anesthesia testing to the operating room.
- Complete targeted anesthesia related patient history and physicals;
- Order and follow up on laboratory anesthesia related, other studies and consultant reports;
- Communicate findings to surgeons, anesthesia and operating room nursing personnel;
- Provide constant care to patients immediately following procedures;
- Report any adverse or negative changes in recovery to anesthesiologist and GI doctor;
- Provide supportive care or CPR if necessary;
- Ensure complete documentation and provide discharge instructions to pt and facilities
- Participation in local, regional or national medical staff meetings and participation in Health Care and/or Employer peer review, quality assurance and patient satisfaction programs;
- Relevant administrative duties;
- Notification of services provided, including the number of cases seen, to Employer’s offices every day; and
- Attendance at Employer’s telephonic Employer meetings.
- Service Hours: The customary workday shall begin thirty (30) minutes before the time scheduled for the Health Care Facility at which Employee is assigned to begin providing services and shall end after the last patient for whom Anesthesiologist provided services has been properly discharged or after Anesthesiologist is given permission to leave by the physician or other individual in charge, whichever is earlier.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed