ENJOY WHAT YOU DO
We enjoy what we do every day because we’re part of a team that collaborates and innovates to deliver the best clinical outcomes and patient experiences at hospitals, surgery centers, and medical offices nationwide.
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) supports both internal and external strategic, tactical and operational projects across the Somnia network to by providing effective planning, coordination, implementation, maintenance and management of projects and programs to project stakeholders. The APM is accountable and responsible for “order fulfillment” to project stakeholders: clients, clinicians, and Somnia departments.
This position acts as a central contact for information on Somnia projects and manages activities to develop and standardize programs and procedures across all Somnia departments.
The Assistant PM is able to support administratively the projects within the department as well as lead in the absence and unavailability of the department director or project lead when needed. This position also provides the opportunity to function as project lead when appropriate. The APM works closely with the Director of Project Management & team to create the development strategy, establish objectives, monitor team progress make recommendations regarding project objectives, resource requirements, and strategic direction to management as needed.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· New Anesthesia Practice Implementations:
o Develop and maintain working relationships, both internally and externally with internal/external clients to foster positive interactions and support achieving desired project outcomes.
o Travel to clients as necessary for account start-ups, prepare needs assessment plans, transition reports, and to be available during the transition as needed to ensure smooth transitions between project phases from initiation through hand-off to permanent account manager.
o Within an account start-up transition provide support for the following by coordination with Somnia C-Suite and related departments:
o Completion of legal and entity related, contracts, medical license applications, etc.
o Manage and track program progress on a continual basis, identifying and tracking both project and inter-departmental functional issues, scope issues at project and program level, timeline issues, and budget issues.
o Oversee facility staffing, orientations, logistics, quality and compliance issues.
o Ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive project and program information is available to C-Suite and Senior Management and the wider Somnia organization.
o Support creation of key PM reports, such as status reports for each project, weekly updates, project plans and post-project analysis.
· Internal Projects and Programs
o Support the development, research, or writing of academic /peer reviewed journal articles and presentations as needed, at times in cooperation with the Marketing department, as needed.
o Provide support for new program, strategic projects, and service line development related activities for any Somnia departments requiring project management leadership.
o Assist in the support, research and development of policies, procedures, systems, processes and programs.
o Assist Director of Project Management with projects as assigned.
· Additional Responsibilities
o Support creation and distribution of Project Management and Education Department materials
o Assist with Learning Management System (LMS) administration and reporting.
o Provide support to Education programs including but not limited to communications, meeting planning, and other educational activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business management, or related field
· Healthcare experience preferred
· Project management experience or credentials preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills and enthusiasm for learning new skills
· Ability to engage with multiple audiences, including physicians and other healthcare professionals, educators, and the public
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
· Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently by organizing and prioritizing responsibilities
· Capable of confidently and effectively presenting and speaking to current and prospective clients
· Capable of working independently and proactively to accomplish work goals and objectives
· Capable of effectively managing a project or initiative from the initial planning phase thru the implementation, execution, monitoring and continuous improvement.
Travel: Project dependent
· Health | Dental | Vision | Life | Talk-space | Disability
· 401K | Flexible Spending Accounts
· Paid Time Off
About Somnia Anesthesia
Since 1996, Somnia (www.somniainc.com) has had singular focus on anesthesia--investing in clinician professional development—so patients can get the best are possible. We welcome and encourage applicants of all races, colors, genders, religions, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well those who have served.
Job Type: Full-time