ENJOY WHAT YOU DO
We enjoy what we do every day because we’re part of a team that collaborates and innovates to deliver the best clinical outcomes and patient experiences at hospitals, surgery centers, and medical offices. We share ideas to make healthcare better. We have true work-life balance because we care for our caregivers, too. Join our talented team! Like what you do!
The primary function of this position is to direct and provide oversight of Somnia’s Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Program. The individual will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing a compliance and regulatory affairs program for Somnia and its affiliated entities, which includes the development and implementation of policies and procedures, educational programs, and continuous internal reviews / audits to determine the effectiveness of the programs.
Responsibilities of the Director of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs:
- Review and develop written policies, procedures and guidelines designed to address regulatory processes and compliance with laws and regulations and related compliance functions.
- Provide oversight of reimbursement auditing, Medicare conditions of participation, licensure, compliance hotline and investigations, Anti-kickback and Stark Law, conflicts of interests, and privacy.
- Develop training programs related to regulatory risk areas to educate employees in policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements relevant to the organization.
- Lead annual risk assessments to identify regulatory vulnerabilities and risks and prioritize risks to develop and oversee compliance plan.
- Lead regulatory audits and develop remediation plans for addressing deficiencies as needed and oversee implementation of corrective actions.
- Create and monitor key metrics to monitor and assess effectiveness of key compliance activities and implement departmental process improvements.
- Facilitate quarterly compliance committee meetings and summarize/report to leadership.
- Proficiency with HIPAA regulatory affairs.
- Proficiency in employment regulatory concepts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree-healthcare related
- Juris Doctor degree preferred
- Proficiency healthcare related compliance
- Work experience within a healthcare environment/law firm
- Strong Relationship Management Skills
- Ability to influence change management
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Excellent Conflict Negotiating and Problem-Solving Skills
- Works well in a team setting
Job Type: Full-time
Hybrid – Requires some in office consistent presence with flexibility to work remote.
Salary: $150,000 - $175,000 per year
Work Location: Harrison, NY
- Health | Dental | Vision | Life | Talk-space | Disability
- 401K | Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
About Somnia Anesthesia
Since 1996, Somnia (www.somniainc.com) has had singular focus on anesthesia--investing in clinician professional development—so patients can get the best are possible. We welcome and encourage applicants of all races, colors, genders, religions, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well those who have served.