St. John’s Regional Medical Center – Per Diem Anesthesiologist
St. John’s Regional Medical Center, Oxnard – 230 beds.
St. John’s Hospital Camarillo – 81 beds.
Responsibilites of the Anesthesiologist
- Most days scheduled:
- John's Regional: 6 ORs running, IR, ENDO, Cath Lab/Cardiac and OB
- Dignity St. John Camarillo: (No OB, No cardiac) 2 OR running, Cath Lab
- 8 ORs + 2 OBs | 8,036 cases/year | general, ortho, urology, GYN, vascular, GI, outpatient | hearts, heads, neuro, occasional healthy peds |+ OB
- 1,495 births/year | 1,041 cases with anesthesia involvement - Covered by separate OB anesthesia team
- Weekend: Call coverage only
- Cardiac call, open hearts, and structural heart cases staffed by cardiac anesthesia physicians
- Variety of shifts: 8s/10s/12s; flexible scheduling
- Typical day when not on call is scheduled 7 am to 5 pm
- All call from home once cases are completed
- Backup call 1:20 days (16/year), 1st call: 1:12 days (31/year).
- Guaranteed post call day off after 1stcall at St. John's Regional.
- OB Call taken by separate provider, no OB call requirement for full time anesthesiologist.
- MDs work their own cases with collaborative approach to CRNA’s
- CRNAs work independently, doing their own cases.
Benefits for the Anesthesiologist
- Rate depending on experience, fellowship training, and call availability
- W2/PC (1099) options
Requirements of the Anesthesiologist
- Current CA license
- Cardiac fellowship
- BC required
About Somnia Anesthesia
Since 1996, Somnia (www.somniainc.com) has had a singular focus on anesthesia–investing in clinician professional development so patients can get the best care possible. We welcome and encourage applicants of all races, colors, genders, religions, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well as those who have served.